Tuesday, September 11, 2012

OB_1

OBSTRUCTION_01[slim]


" The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity..."

_Ludwig Wittgenstein

The first obstruction deals with "slimming" down the house. Maintaining the general organizational strategies, compositional systems and forms, the goal is to explore new lean/slender interpretations of the existing structure. 

Thinking of what "thin" really meant I tried expressing my original schemes using some study models. In my first model I started to manipulate planes, openings, and arrangement of program to come up with a language that was "thin" and started to compress and open up spaces vertically and horizontally. While in  my second I took more of a sectional/ elevation approach that started to help me visualize better how the new structure could start to sit on the complicated site.





 





1 comment: