Sunday, September 23, 2012

OB_1.1

After some delay uploading the most recent stages of my project this is how it has evolved...







I updated my original model that was constricting me to only one axis. I opened up the model and started to think about how the masses would interact with the site and more importantly how the roof planes would start to create a more linear/distant garden than in the original. 



 The relationship between the roof planes/exterior experience became became just as important as the architecture and plan layouts, as so much of the original house deals with that exterior experience. 
One of the challenges I faced was trying to make an already linear and extended circulation longer. In the original the garden is essentially only at the top level, so I decided to extend the garden and roof axes to all the masses.















 In my original schemes for the layout and actual plans I wasn't thinking linear enough and placed the long skinny spaces next to each other rather than start to intertwine them.
The plans became longer and better defined and I started to think about how furniture and necessary fixtures would be incorporated into the design.

  







No comments:

Post a Comment