Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OB_3.5


I left off with keeping the elements on the right of the plan...

and first continued by deciding this would become more of a folly within the city-scape.  then decreasing the scale of the collage so that it would be easier to work with. I decided to add new lines (curves) that were more fluid and had some of the same characteristics of the curves that were already in place. 






















I went back to the method I was using in Scheme 2 where I had certain axis that helped organize the plan. I used the orientation of the orthogonal lines in the plan as the axis and created a grid. I tried to use the lines in the grid almost as tangents of the curves and also for the orientation of the major masses/ levels. 



From the grid I started to collage again and this is how the plan looks now:




Defined the 3 major elements/ layers of the plan and started to think how walls/ planes would be introduced inside of them. 



Used the axis lines to create a "paving" pattern for the separate levels. 


.......Need to continue thinking about ways of enclosure and adding more "walls/planes" within the interior










No comments:

Post a Comment