Tuesday, November 27, 2012

OB_5.1

My first move was to look back on the previous obstructions and the methods/laws that were provided for us. It was important to first establish my own restrictions, so I took elements from the previous obstructions that I wanted to explore more. My rules/ laws are these:


  1. Work from Original Plan and Sections 
  2. Work in model
    • Specifically Wire 
  3. Design in additive manner 
    • Explored subtracting in previous obstructions.


After determining these guidelines created two schemes.

Scheme 1___Train of thought:

Start with the plan and collage it to create a topography. Use the new created topo and introduce wire elements into the lines of the plan.
I added trace to certain parts of the wire to start to delineate space.




Scheme 2___ Train of Thought:

Created a box where I collaged the plan to the top of the box and pierced the wire through certain points of the plan.  The suspended wire created lines to which I started to add planes (chip board). The result is something that reads completely differently if inside the "box" or outside.





I like the idea of having this "test tube" that on the outside has an order ( the plan) but on the inside something completely new and unique happens that in some way has some of the properties of the original drawing.













1 comment:

  1. there's gotta be better ways to document the results...!?!? perhaps a cleaner table... its hard to tell what is what...

    also, post some of the newer, more recent stuff...!

    ReplyDelete